Your mandate will be to work on the ongoing development of internal training to support the Business Services department. You will also be called upon to provide procedural training to the various players in the department and to collaborate in the creation, standardization and updating of the department’s procedures.
- Provide initial and ongoing training to Brokers;
- Provide post-training follow-up and mentoring to validate the transfer of learning;
- Carry out audits, particularly in relation to quality and compliance with standards following training;
- Evaluate and analyze training needs for the Business Services department and propose training programs in line with these needs;
- Assist the training team in the creation of tools and documentation required for the smooth running of in-house training;
- Work as part of a team to create and update explanatory documents for customers;
- Answer brokers’ technical questions on the various commercial lines niches, products and procedures;
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in commercial insurance;
- Propose technical training content to help achieve the company’s annual objectives;
- Participate in the evaluation of employee knowledge before, during and after training;
- Ensure the pedagogical quality of technical training.
- Manage a volume of customer business;
Your skills, your potential.
- Have University degree;
- At least 2 years’ experience as a broker, trainer or underwriter;
- Strong knowledge of property and casualty insurance;
- Certified as a general insurance representative with the Autorité des marchés financiers;
- Pedagogical and/or andragogical skills;
- Have or be interested in obtaining ChAD trainer accreditation;
- Organized and meticulous;
- Strong computer skills (MS Office, Windows env., etc.);
- Be bilingual (spoken, written and comprehension) to ensure an inclusive experience for English-speaking employees.