The primary objective of this position is to guide policyholders through the claims process with a professional and dedicated team. You will be called upon to investigate, estimate and negotiate with different suppliers to simplify the lives of Personal Lines claimants. At Lareau Insurance Brokers claims adjusters are key contacts and resource people!
- Collect incident reports and reports claims to the relevant insurers.
- Review all documentation relevant to the claim (police report, inventory of damaged or stolen property, etc.),
- Investigate the causes of various claims, validate the coverage included in the insurance contract and establish a claim strategy.
- Estimate the damage and losses incurred to proceed with settlement.
- Be proactive in proposing solutions to the various problems raised in the files.
- Direct, support and advise policyholders on the steps to be taken to settle their claims.
- Take charge of policyholders’ claims files with the various insurers.
- Follow up with the various parties involved in a claim (appraisers, engineers, cleaners, etc.)
- Negotiate with various insurers to obtain the best terms and conditions for our terms and conditions for our policyholders.
- Contest files denied or involving the application of articles 2410 and 2411 of the C.c.Q.
- Be available to respond to major claims (fire, major water damage), depending on the analysis of the insured’s complete file.
- Be available according to an on-call schedule to be determined according to the needs of the department both weekdays and weekends.
- Meet with policyholders and various stakeholders at the claim site.
- Provide the necessary support to policyholders.
- Establish a network with the various stakeholders to ensure proactive service in the claims settlement.
- Conduct post-claim satisfaction calls.
- Complete claims slips and tables in connection with claims follow-up.
- Perform all other related tasks.
Your skills, your potential.
- Have an AEC in damage insurance, a DEC or a BAC;
- Certified claims adjuster with the Autorité des marchés financiers.
- 1 to 3 years’ experience as an in-house claim adjuster.
- Must be available days, evenings and weekends according to established on-call schedule.
- Good knowledge of the claim’s adjustment environment.
- Good negotiating skills.
- Be empathetic, organized, and open-minded.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and Windows environment.
- Be bilingual (French and English, spoken and written) to ensure an inclusive customer experience for English-speaking customers.